- March - The Yorkist King Edward IV returns to England to reclaim his throne.
- April 14 - Battle of Barnet - Edward defeats the Lancastrian army under Warwick, who is killed.
- May 4 - Battle of Tewkesbury - King Edward defeats a Lancastrian army under Queen Margaret and her son, Edward of Westminster the Prince of Wales, who is killed. Later in the month, King Henry VI of England is murdered, eliminating all Lancastrian opposition.
- July 14 - Battle of Shelon between forces of Muscovy and the Republic of Novgorod.
- October 10 - Battle of Brunkeberg in Stockholm. The forces of Regent of Sweden Sten Sture the Elder with help of farmers and miners repel an attack by Christian I, King of Denmark.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.